Thanksgiving is an annual Canadian holiday which celebrates the harvest and blessings of the past year. Check out what’s open and closed.
- The TTC will be running on a holiday schedule
- Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) will be closed between Pape and St. George stations all weekend for repair work. Shuttle buses will operate.
- Line 4 (Sheppard) will be closed on Sunday for track maintenance. It is expected to reopen at 2 p.m. but shuttle buses will be running until then between Sheppard-Yonge and Don Mills stations.
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Monday, Oct. 10.
The intersection of Bay and Richmond streets is closed from now until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 11 due to planned track and road work. During the closure, westbound traffic on Richmond Street will be forced to divert at Yonge Street while southbound traffic on Bay Street will be redirected at Queen Street West. Northbound traffic on Bay Street will also be diverted at Adelaide Street West.
What’s closed Thanksgiving Monday:
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations
- Banks and government offices
- Most grocery store chains
- Some convenience stores
- Schools and child care centres
- No Canada Post delivery
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Dufferin Mall, Scarborough Town Centre, Sherway Gardens
What’s open Thanksgiving Monday:
- The Eaton Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Square One Shopping Centre (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.), Markville Mall (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.) and Hillcrest Mall (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Select Wine Rack locations (9 a.m. to 11 p.m.)
- Movie theatres
- Main tourist attractions including Toronto Zoo and Ripley’s Aquarium
- Some grocery stores
Have a lovely thanksgiving